We are involved extensively in professional development, as methodology adviser, program developer, facilitator and evaluator.
At JMA, we work within your organisations strategic human resource development plan, to achieve both organisational capability building and individual development.
Examples of our research, evaluation and advisory work in professional development are provided here.
Some recent examples of our work in professional development are:
- From Feb 2009- Dec 2011, methodology advisor, mentor and evaluator for the Bright Ideas program at South Western Sydney Institute of TAFE
- From June-Dec 2009, mentor to the seven Directors of Challenger TAFE in WA, on impact modelling.
- From June-Dec 2009, adviser to projects in the Nursing, Law and Finance Faculties/Schools of Victoria University, on implementing the Diamond Model for Innovation in Teaching and Learning.
Examples of workshops conducted
Some PD workshops conducted recently include:
- Facilitator of leadership workshop for Executive of TAFE NSW- Riverina Institute: ‘Health check for the Executive Leadership Team, 2012
- Facilitator of strategic scanning workshop on the national VET landscape and trends for the Board of Challenger Institute of Technology, 2011
- Facilitator of workshop on Evaluating Training and Program Effectiveness, South Western Sydney Institute, 2009, 201o, 2011
- Facilitator of national workshops (Melb, Syd, Brisb) for ACER/L H Martin Institute study of leadership in VET, 2010
- Facilitator of action learning workshops for TAFE NSW – New England Institute, 2010
- Facilitator of workshop for QLD VET Development Centre on Advanced VET Practitioners, 2010
- Facilitator of Writing Reports Workshop, South Western Sydney Institute of TAFE, Sept 2009
- Facilitator of New Approaches to Strategy Making in VET, Skills Tasmania, Sept 2009
- Facilitator of Developing Advanced VET Practitioners, Skills Tasmania, Sept 2009
- Facilitator of workshops on Advanced VET Practitioners, ACPET QLD – Brisbane, Mackay, Townsville, Cairns, July 2009
- Facilitator of Introduction to Action Learning, Appreciative Inquiry, Communities of Practice, Change Management, for South Western Sydney Institute of TAFE, April 2009
- Facilitator of the Emergence of the Advanced VET Practitioner, Challenger TAFE, April 2009.