JMA’s mission is to help clients continuously improve the impact of their services.
JMA is a strategic planner, analyst and change management consultant in the areas of education, health and public service.
- Linkages between the industries of education, health and public service include:the need for innovation and continuous improvement in these industries
- the need for managing the human dimension of change
- the need for dynamic strategic planning
- the need to evaluate, modify and enhance service provision.
The following core services are provided:
- strategic planning and management
- user needs analyses and business plans
- development of innovation models
- feasibility studies
- market analyses and marketing plans
- measurement and development of staff capabilities
- implementation strategies and project plans
- project management
- change management strategies
- professional writing, from articles to case studies and reports.
Special competencies and capabilities
In our work we have demonstrated specific capabilities and competencies, including our:
- ability to understand the needs of a variety of clients from the education, health and government sectors
- experience in business and strategic planning across multiple contexts and organisations
- conceptual framework for understanding the cycle of adoption of new technologies and new professional practices
- understanding of the levels of usage of new technology, and the need to assist personnel to not plateau at the entry level
- understanding of corporate change and alternative ways to manage it
- understanding of the stages and nature of project management of new technologies
- an understanding of different learning styles and appropriate methodologies, in relation to using new technologies and techniques
- experience as educators and trainers, including knowledge based learning and competency based training
- understanding of the psychological aspects of the human-technology interface
- ability to produce high quality written reports, under pressure and on time.
Reasons for uniqueness
JMA is able to offer a unique blend of services because we are able to relate to and work with personnel at different levels of an organisation:
- the philosophic and conceptual level
- the management and supervisory level
- the practitioner operational level.
Hence, we are able to consult
- with Chief Executive Officers, on the conceptual level on issues such as matching corporate aims with new work practices
- with managers, on issues such as user acceptance and implementation planning
- with general staff, on supervising and using new practices.
JMA is flexible and can communicate effectively with:
- service providers
- regulators, policy makers, bureaucrats
- users/end users, clients, customers
- product developers, equipment suppliers.
Source of uniqueness
This unique blend of services springs particularly from Dr John Mitchell’s:
- combined studies in business and education: Doctorate in Education program (1997-2004), M.Ed.Admin program (1986-1990), MBA study program (1997-2000), following BA (Hons), Dip Ed (1970-74)
- experience as a writer for many audiences and contexts, including for the Commonwealth Government, 14 universities, TAFEs, school systems, hospitals and a variety of corporate audiences
- experience with the media and in marketing educational and community services
- proven ability to provide a bridge between producers and users
- experience as a statewide manager for a State educational system
- experience as a leading consultant in numerous national projects.