Project to provide research and develop tools and models to support the growth of VET online products and services in the Australian marketplace
John Mitchell from John Mitchell & Associates in Sydney undertook this consultancy from July-November 2001 for the Flexible Learning Advisory Group (FLAG), in liaison with TAFEBiz SA, from TAFE South Australia.
Brief and methodology
The aim of the project is to provide research and to develop tools and models to support the growth of VET online products and services in the Australian marketplace. The specific objectives are to:
- Undertake research to identify Australian markets for VET online products and services
- Develop resources that will assist registered training organisations (RTOs) and the Australian National Training Authority (ANTA) to maintain and grow Australian markets for VET online products and services.
The project brief specified nine deliverables:
- A summary of existing market research into VET online products and services
- A list of selected priority national markets
- Detailed profile of selected Australian markets for online products and services
- Access strategies for selected markets identified through the research
- Tools and models for market research that will assist RTOs to enter, maintain and grow national markets for online products and services.
- A database of agencies, organisations, individuals and information to support VET marketing of products and services
- Good practice models of successful VET providers in the online national marketplace.
- Recommendations for further development of tools and models, online training products and services
- Briefing sessions and reports tailored to the needs of key stakeholders.
The project reports are available at: http://flexiblelearning.net.au/national/np_news.htm